Long Distance Moving Checklist – Coakley Brothers
Making a long-distance move is quite an undertaking. Without planning properly, interstate moving can quickly become a major headache for all involved.
Luckily, there are some important steps you can take to avoid letting your out-of-state move spiral out of control.
Best Long Distance Moving Checklist
Read on for some wise ways to keep your long-distance move running smoothly and hassle-free.
Pick the best pro movers
The first thing you will want to do is recruit the services of a moving and storage company that is experienced and skilled in executing not only local moves but long-distance moves in particular.
- A different set of skills and experience are required when making moves out-of-state. A relocation over a couple of hundred miles also has to adhere to certain rules and regulations, as well.
- A capable, knowledgeable long-distance moving company will be ready and equipped with the necessary permits, equipment, supplies, and more. They will have the know-how necessary to ensure your move goes off without a hitch.
Stay on track with your budget
Having a budget in mind is always a great financial move to make.
- Reaching out to reputable, honest out-of-state movers means you’ll be given a pretty precise estimate of moving costs.
- Once you fill a move consultant in on all of the details associated with your long-distance move, they’ll be able to analyze the move appropriately.
- A rule of thumb when shopping around for moving and storage providers is to not only look at cost but to consider recent customer reviews and experience as well.
- Online reviews and word-of-mouth references, coupled with third-party sources for checking ratings (like the Better Business Bureau) can be very valuable when searching for the right professional movers for your upcoming relocation.
Become familiar with your new neighborhood
It’s easy to fall in love with your new home, but you can’t leave the surrounding areas out of the equation.
- Do your due diligence when it comes to researching an area’s crime and safety data, school system ratings (if applicable), recreational/community offerings, hospitals and/or other emergency services, and more.
- Factoring in the proximity to and from your job is also a key point to consider. Calculate your commute to see if it is one you can deal with on a consistent basis.
- When you book your move with Coakley Brothers, in business since 1888, you’ll have instant access to a company that knows practically everything about Milwaukee.
- Your Coakley Brothers move consultant will answer any of your questions or concerns about your future new neighborhood, in addition to helping you become more acquainted with the area.
- Knowing that your move is in the hands of tried-and-true Milwaukee experts will provide you with priceless peace of mind.
Are you ready to start planning your long distance move to Milwaukee? Look no further than Coakley Brothers. Coakley Brothers is a full-service moving and storage provider, making thousands of commercial, residential, local, and long-distance moves since opening their doors in 1888.