Coakley Brothers – Things to Know Before Moving to Milwaukee, WI
Are you getting ready to make a move to Milwaukee? If so, you’re in store for a wonderful city. Before you move, take a look at our list of important things to know and do, in addition to some Milwaukee places you’ll want to be sure to check out.
Hire the best out-of-state movers.
The first thing you want to do when planning your move to Milwaukee is to hire the most reputable, experienced movers in the area.
- You need the best out-of-state movers on your team to ensure that things flow as seamlessly and stress-free as possible.
Coakley Brothers have been moving Milwaukee residents since 1888. A free move quote from a skilled, knowledgeable Coakley Brothers associate will help you kickstart the planning process.
- Our reputation speaks for itself. Over the years, we have made countless local, long-distance, residential, and commercial moves for hundreds of satisfied individuals and families alike. There is a reason Coakley Brothers has stood the test of time—we know Milwaukee, and we are dedicated to delivering excellent customer service on time, every time.
Check out the community and culture.
There are plenty of historic homes, art museums, and sports venues to visit and explore in this culturally-rich city.
- You won’t want to miss spots like the Victorian-Italianate Brady Street, the Historic Third Ward, or the beautiful sights on the shores of Lake Michigan.
- When you’re looking for places to live in Milwaukee, check out the proximity of activities and events you’ll want to partake in from your potential new home.
- In addition to clocking their distance from your home, you will, of course, want to factor in the proximity of your work, school, workout facility, etc.
Make a list of your must-haves.
While you’re perusing various areas and neighborhoods to find your dream home, it is important to have a list of your “non-negotiables.”
- These are the factors in a home that you definitely do not want to live without—or put up with. Think about things like crime and safety, number of bedrooms, outdoor living space, and, most importantly—budget!
- Factor in things like repairs and upgrades that will need to be done. While most people do tend to go over their budget slightly when they find a home they really love, staying on-track as much as possible helps you to avoid getting in over your head.
- Whether you’re someone who likes to DIY and tackle renovations yourself, or a person who prefers paying the professionals to take on repairs and remodeling, assess the property with a thorough inspection.
Whatever your reasons may be for making a move to Milwaukee, Coakley Brothers is here to help! We are experts in every neighborhood in the area—and we have the experience needed to assist you with everything you need to know as you gear up to make your move.
Reach out today and get started on the planning process with a free, no-obligation move quote—you won’t regret it!